The benefits of Solar PV & how it works
Australia has the highest solar radiation per square metre of any continent, which means that it is an ideal place for solar power. If your household is considering its benefits, then please contact our company today for further information.
Solar power is generated when sunlight is converted into electricity or used to heat air, water, or other fluids; solar photovoltaic (PV) and solar thermal technology respectively.
Solar photovoltaic technology converts the energy of the sun directly into electricity using photovoltaic cells. These photovoltaic cells are present in the well-known solar panels that we see on solar farms in the country and on rooftops in the neighborhoods.
Once the energy is generated, it is transferred via an Inverter which converts it from DC electricity into 240 V AC. This new form of electricity can then be used by the household and stored in batteries for later use for transferred to the grid where energy retailer will in most cases provide the property owner with a credit for the energy supplied.
How Solar Works:
1. Solar Panels - capture energy from the sun and converts it into DC (Direct Current) electricity using photovoltaic cells
2. Solar Inverter - the energy is transferred via the inverter which converts it to AC (Alternating Current) safe for use by household appliances
3. Digital Meter - your electricity retailer will provide a new meter which will record your energy usage, grid energy and solar energy.
4. Utility Grid - Any surplus solar energy that you generate is pushed out to the grid. This energy is measured and calculated (feed-in tariff) to credit your account
5. Solar Battery - If you install a solar battery the surplus energy is stored here for use later, rather than pushing out to the grid)